Samuel Johnson Sites
- Jack Lynch's
Samuel Johnson page. A great page. Constant thanks!
Samuel Johnson Birthplace Museum
Johnson's House (website for his house/museum in Gough
- Britain's National
Portrait Gallery has pages devoted to portraits of
Johnson as well as Sir Joshua Reynolds, Johnson's good friend and
member of the Club.
"is based (very) loosely on the life, times and works of Samuel
Johnson - Doctor Johnson of English Dictionary fame. The site
will be updated regularly with issues of The Rambler..."
- There is a Samuel Johnson discussion group at
- The Society of Archbishop Justus has a very good bio and
discussion of Johnson's religious thinking on its Johnso
- Monboddo's www.jamesboswell.com
takes a step back from Johnson and surveys a circle of Boswell,
Piozzi, and Johnson. There are some special treats, such as his
summaries of Rambler and Idler essays, and his book collection
(in effect, a pretty impressive bibliography). And now, there's
A James Boswell
Guide, too, hosted by Thomas Frandzen.
- Have you visited Jim Tipton's Find-A-Grave yet? He
has a photo of Johnson's grave
- The Thrale family line is still thriving. David Thrale has a
web site devoted to the family at http://www.thrale.com/. Within
it you'll find a section on Henry and Hester.
Samuel Johnson Societies:
Other Quotations Sites:
- Maybe Samuel Johnson didn't say what you were looking for?
You might find something similar through The Quotations
Page, a very comprehensive gateway to many quotations and
For Further Reading:
For further reading on/by Samuel Johnson, visit the Books page on this website.
Other Literary Sites
And further astream...
- For what it's worth, I have a page on the Improved
- Absolutely, the funniest piece I read in 2001 was